Dreamstime is one of the world leaders in stock photography and a reliable supplier of high quality digital images at affordable prices. We include only the best images in our database and we cover an extensive range of subjects.
If you want to download and use our images, you should know:
Our standard license agreement is the Royalty-Free license which means you pay for the image only once and then you can use the image as many times as you like, with just a few restrictions. This is a one-person license and can be used only by the account owner or his employee, for the company's own projects or clients and cannot be transmitted to another party. Royalty Free licensed images can be used on websites, TV-programmes, for educational projects, in magazines, newspapers, books or booklets, covers for books, flyers, games and any advertising and promotional materials, in either printed or electronic media. This list is not exhaustive. Please email support using the contact form if you have doubts or questions.
You may require extra rights granted by our Extended Licenses for web templates, greeting cards or postcards especially designed for sale, similar print-on-demand services, canvas, t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads or any other items incorporating the image in an essential manner, intended to be sold or given for free. You may also need an extended license if the same image is used by several employees in your company.
Buying the high-resolution image (purchasing the license) does not transfer the copyright. We recommend that you credit the agency and the photographer when you use an image. You can find our site terms here for more info.
Registration and membership are free. To download images, you need to acquire one of our download plans (credits or subscriptions) on the Buy Credits page
Should you have any questions about the potential use of an image from our site, please email support using the contact form.
Depending on the desired usage and type of download, the categories and their end-user, prices are as follows:
Content prices for Royalty Free (RF) and Extended Licenses (EL)
What does Royalty Free mean (RF)?
- you pay for the image only once and then you can use it as many times as you like
- there are no license fees except the initial fee and no other royalties to be paid except those included in the initial cost
- the maximum number of copies for printed materials is 500,000 copies. Additional royalties of $0.01 per copy are to be paid if this amount is exceeded
- the Royalty-Free license is granted ONLY for the high-resolution, non-watermarked image
- the free files downloaded from the Free Photos section may be used in commercial projects under our limited RF-LL license is a one-person license and is given to you as a designer, your employer (client) or any employed persons
What are the Extended Licenses (EL)?
They are licenses that extend the rights given with the regular Royalty Free license. Unless otherwise specified the restrictions imposed by the RF license still apply.
- Unlimited Seats (U-EL) - Extends our regular Royalty Free license to an unlimited number of seats within the same organization. It is an additional license to the usage included within the regular Royalty-Free license that awards rights for a single person within the same company. The U-EL license is applied only for the staff of the organization that holds the account.
- Increase Max Copies (I-EL) - extends our regular Royalty Free license to a maximum amount of printed copies of up to 2,500,000 copies.
- Web Usage (W-EL) - electronic Items for Resale: this license includes the right to use the photos for web templates that are sold to more customers, screensavers, e-cards, PowerPoint presentations or as wallpapers on cell phones. Maximum number of electronic items is 10,000 copies (applies as a total of each type of usage). If this amount is exceeded you need to acquire this license once again. The new license will provide you with the standard amount of copies.
- Print Usage (P-EL) - Physical Items for Resale: includes the right to use the photos for t-shirts, postcards, greeting cards, mugs, mouse pads, posters, calendars, framed artwork that is to be sold to other customers for a maximum amount of 10,000 copies (applies as a total of each type of usage). If this amount is exceeded you need to acquire this license once again. The new license will provide you with the standard amount of copies.
- Sell the Rights (SR-EL) - this license represents a full ownership of the downloaded image. The buyer can use it exclusively (exclusivity applies from the moment that the file was downloaded using this license), and include it in any type of design with just a few restrictions: sensitive subjects may still apply and the buyer may not claim that the file was created by him nor resell it as a photo. The agency will disable the image immediately after the buyer acquired this license. The photographer is required to disable the file permanently from all other places where he may sell it, as soon as possible after the sale occurred, but no longer than 72 hours. The photographer acknowledge and agrees to provide the buyer with full ownership for the file retrieved using the SR-EL license.