English to Japanese translator/proofreader opening at Dreamstime.com
The translator will translate and proofread already translated website pages.
This position requires someone who is Japanese and English bilingual.
- Checking the Japanese translations against English source texts for
correct meaning, spelling, grammar, style, use of terminology and consistency
- Providing a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of
the translated text
- Devoting some hours to daily assignments in the first months as the
project involves high volume of proofreading in the first stage
- Availability and continuous involvement once the proofreading is
done in case short translations, corrections or updates are required.
- Native speaker of Japanese with excellent command of English
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Certifications in translation are preferred
- Experience in translation is preferred
- Meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with deadlines when required
- Professional approach and commitment to the quality of translation
IMPORTANT: Please check your email filters to ensure you receive email from "Dreamstime.com" otherwise our reply might not reach you.