The stained glass windows of St Columbas chapel. The church which the islanders use today is the St Columba's R.C. church. It was built around 1770, then it became a shop and a Post Office when Robert Thom allowed the Marquess of Bute to build a chapel on Sanday. In 1963 it became a church again. 57° 3' 24.95 N, 6° 30' 10.08 W.