Game of light and shadow in the hallway connecting the painting galleries of world famous Old Pinakothek in Munich, Germany. The construction of this building dates back to 1836, designed by Leo von Klenze in Italian-Renaissance architectural style. Partially destroyed during the second world war, it has been reconstructed but preserving the scars of the bombing. The painting collection started way back in the 16th century by Wilhelm IV the Steadfast (1508-50) and continued by his successors. The Old Pinakothek collection hold painting from 14th to 18th century, while the more recent addition have been stored in the New Pinakothek and Modern Pinakothek, two other galleries in its vicinity.