Build in 1132 right in the center of Thiou, the famous canal in Annecy, it is the most destinctive monument of the city. Is resembling a ship anchored in the canal. Constructed as the residency of the local lord of Annecy, it later became the Administrative headquarters of the Lords of Geneva and at some points in middle ages and World War II was used as a prison. Now is a musem of local history. By Mihai-bogdan Lazar.