Castle in the village of chaumont-sur-loire in france, located in the department of loir-et-cher. belongs to the castles of the loire. originally the castle was built in the tenth century by eudes the second, ruler of blois to protect the city against unexpected attacks. in 1465 year, the castle was burned down. the castle was rebuilt in the years 1465-1475 by count charles the first d'amboise and then in the years 1498-1510 by his son, earl charles the second d'amboise.