Sanchi

Sanchi, India. The \'Great Stupa\' at Sanchi was originally commissioned by the emperor Ashoka the Great in the 3rd century BCE. Its nucleus was a simple hemispherical brick structure built over the relics of the Buddha. It was crowned by the chatra, a parasol-like structure symbolising high rank, which was intended to honour and shelter the relics. Located 46 km north east of Bhopa.

  • MR: NO
  • PR: NO
  • 4
  • 1207
  • 12

Stock Image: Sanchi

  • Exclusive image
ID 12572841 © | Dreamstime.com

We accept all major credit cards from United States.

Designers Also Selected These Stock Photos

More similar stock images of `Sanchi`

More images