1914 home of Orville (Milton and Katharine) Wright, inventor and builder of world’s first successful airplane and first controlled fight, located in Dayton, Ohio, USA. It was built by Schenck & Williams Architects in Classical Revival style. The home garnered it’s name after the 150 hawthorn trees growing on the original 17 acres.
Owned by the Wright family till 1948, when NCR Corporation bought the mansion and used it for company entertaining. In 2006 it was donated to the Wright Family Foundation. It was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1991. It is now open for scheduled public tours.