The Mull of Galloway lighthouse, seen here, looking west.This image shows the accomodation that the keepers used to use, (they are now holiday homes, as the lighthouse is automatic) and the machine rooms that contained the diesel engines(for power and compressed air for the foghorns). The light is owned and controlled by the northern lighthouse board in Edinburgh. It was first lit in 1830, and is 99 metres above sea level. This spot is the most southerly point in Scotland. By Bobbrooky.