The South Bank Lion at the eastern end of Westminster Bridge in London.
The lion, which was originally painted red, was modelled by W.F. Woodington and made of Coade artificial stone. From 1837 it stood in front of the Lion Brewery, Lambeth. It survived the surrounding devastation in the war of 1939-45 and, when the site was cleared for the building of the Royal Festival Hall, was preserved in ac.