Editorial image. Not to be used in commercial designs and/or advertisements. Click here for terms and conditions.
It was built in 1945 to commemorate the victory over the Japanese in WWII. It was renamed in 1950 to commemorate the Communist conquest of the area. It is in a large pedestrian shopping plaza that is in the Yuzhong District that is regarded as the commercial center and financial center of Chongqing.