1,000-hand gan-yin, goddess of mercy in Buddhism.
Ancient statue of the gan-yin (Avalokite svara) with thousands of hands in Sichuan province, China. It is goddess of mercy in Buddhism. Below is the burning joss sticks by buddhism believers.
With 21 young deaf-mute performers, the dance featured the 1,000-hand gan-yin, goddess of mercy in Buddhism. It required all the dancers to perform in sync as one being in rhythm with the music. Without the ability to hear or speak, these dancers achieved the feat through signs.
Photo credits: Yunxiang987.
Nature and Wildlife Photography
- Where can I get high quality photos for free?
- Geology makes landscapes look the way they do
- Tip of the week: Use a compact rugged camera to get a different view
- 10 tips for The Casual Nature Photographer
- Donate your skills!
- These are a few of My Favorite Things: Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AF-D
- Taking Nature Photos that sell!
- Mind your own business!