When 1-s turn to 0-s
What happened: i just uninstalled a small program that changed my desktop wallpapers automatically. A bit later when accessing my photos catalog that contained more than 6 month photos (jpg-s and not yet processed raw files) i discovered that all folders were totally empty. Well.. not only the photos catalog, THE WHOLE PARTITION OF THE DRIVE was erased, only empty folders everywhere were left (lost all my music, movies, software installation files and photos). I could recover only about 15% of lost data. All other files were completely deleted or broken.
Files that are converted from raw's to jpg-s, i always write onto 2 DVD discs. But now when i've been very busy, i did not have time to write them on discs.
I'd really appreciate if you share which external hard drives you use - what you suggest, what not, which ones have crashed soon?
Photo credits: Risto Hunt.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images