1 sale 0 view!? - Dreamstime
Numbers and stats obviesly fascinates and enchants many of us Dreamstimers. Many of the blogs here is all about milestones and stats. Less than a month ago i wrote about my latest milestone 1000 uploads. Two days ago I passed another magic number: 1111 uploads. The latest hundred uploads also rendered two interresting sales - one sale, one view, a topic that also have its own blog here...
I bet that these images will have considerable views after this blog...
Also, yesterday I passed 250 sales wich even today has given over 600 dollars of earnings. I am still waiting to request payment - checking the currency, also numbers... My idea is to await 1000 dollars and then make a phototrip to some interresting places.
Another topic on numbers is megapixels. I got tons of medium size dias - 6x6, a very few of them uploaded yet. Extremely timeconsuming to scan and retoushe. Most of them stops at 20 or sometimes 25Mp with OK quality, this compared with todays DSLRs 24 - 36 megapixel images wich gives more credits when sold compared to earlier 12 - 16 Mps ...
One more number - that really doesnt have any signicans these days - is Acceptance ratio. As most newcomers here, my two first months where catastrophic - it took one and a half year to pass 80%...
Back to the headline - a couple of days ago I was quite stunned, my first sale with ZERO views:
OK, numbers matters of course, but I think the most important thing is to have fun and stay creative.
And think about why anybody would pay money for MY image...
Photo credits: Björkdahl Per.
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography