100 DT Sales ... some statistics and keyword ponderings
The 100 sales is made up of:
50 individual images have sold
18 images sold multiple times
228 credits sold
42 subscription sales
45 sales through keyword search
55 through browsing
x1 level three image that makes up 5% of earnings
x5 level two images that makes up 35% of earnings
x44 level one images that makes up 60% of earnings
Of the 50 images sold the average time online is 312 days
The average number of views for a sales is 10 (maximum 50 and minimum 1)
With almost half my sales from keyword searches, it reinforces the need to effectively keyword to make sales.
Many of the searches resulting in a sale are words describing the photo in a very direct fashion however, 5 of the 45 (11%) are of a concept represented in the image. That said most of my photos are very topical so I guess not surprising however, at the same time it focuses my efforts into how I will keyword. I think the main thing is to ensure the images are discoverable by keyword searches of what the photo is primarily of - stacks of keywords surely results in a poorer location in a search through a dilution bias applied by the indexing. Surely buyers are rarely tempted by a loosely related image to a keyword.
Just some thoughts - I'd be interested to know others break downs and statistics of their sales from keyword identified sales.
Photo credits: Bevanward.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays