100 uploads is a good moment to celebrate, a good moment to start a blog and a good moment to take a look behind and sum up my presence on DT.
When I started I was a complete amateur (and still am). I was uploading my favourite photos and couldn't understand why they were being rejected. With acceptance ratio well below 20% I was discouraged and for a couple of months I haven't even logged on to DT. 6 months later I came back, uploaded some photos from my trip to Tanzania and in May 2010 I had my 1st sale.
To cut the long story short: in time I understood what DT is looking for (I know that looking at my portfolio you wouldn't say that) and I changed my attitude towards pictures I take. I even look differently at the world. Everywhere I see pictures, I give them titles and keywords – I don't think this is normal ;)
Concerning 100 uploads - it's a weird story. I have one picture in my free pictures section. For a couple of weeks it has not been taken into account for the total uploads figure which appears at the top of the screen. Only yesterday – out of the blue – 99 changed into 100… Some bug or a change in the methodology? Whatever it is, 100 looks better than 99.
Next aim? 100 sales! Well, there is still a long way ahead of me...
Photo credits: Wiktor Wojtas.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs