My pictures aren't stock oriented, they aren't concepts, they aren't unique, and none of them will be huge sellers, but I love cities so that's what I'm going to take pictures of. It's tough to make a living in photography, so if you're doing it all for the money and not for the pleasure, you're likely wasting your time.
For the photographers out there who are even newer than me, you don't have to upload one hundred photos a day of subjects that don't interest you. The photos probably won't be that good if you aren't passionate about the subject and you're likely to frustrate yourself, but if you practice shooting what you love, even if you rarely do it, you'll eventually get better and build a great portfolio if you stick with it.
Photography isn't going to make you a millionaire overnight and the sooner you realize that, the better.
Photo credits: Simathers.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images