I am happy to announce that today I reached 1000 dollars.
I am a member since January 2010. First two months I did not have any sale so I started to doubt having any success in the stock photography, I stopped uploading pictures...Then, in March I had my first sale here on Dreamstime...I was very excited...this gave me an impulse, I started again uploading pictures...more sales came, but very few and only on DT....Then I found in my management area the button "exclusivity"...I thought: sales on other agencies are missing, being exclusive here would give me the upload bonus and more royalties.... hmmmm... And this was my best thought and my best decision: I cancelled all my other accounts and became exclusive here. This brought me also better search placement for my photos, and since then sales became to flow, so each month was getting better and better ...
After some time I also discovered the assignments and was so happy when I won the third place in Everyday Transportation contest :)
I have now 320 files online, 584 images sold, I reached 100 dollars/ month. I have a small portfolio, but I only upload pictured that I believe will sell, with a good potential.
My best selling image is :
See you at 2000 dollars :)
Photo credits: Mangroove.
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs
- Helping more than the dogs
- Tip of the week: 8 GIMP newbie tips