Joining DT in 2009 and getting all/most my first submissions rejected caused me to give up on stock and subsequently left for over a year. Mid 2010 I thought I would have another crack at it and was pleasantly surprised by getting a few on here, not just by luck but by spending most of 2009 learning more about the technical side of producing photographs, not over killing them with manipulation, noise, coulour management etc.
I'm still no expert and certainly not a pro photographer as this is just a hobby but I have enjoyed a little success and today I have had my 1000th image accepted. Never thought this possible at the start but if you stick to it and learn on the way then things do become easier. My next goal should be 2000 images but that's just repeating what I have already done so 5000 images over the next couple of years is my aim.
Belated Happy New Year and good luck to all in 2012 :-)
P.S write blogs, even on small goals as it's a good way of recording your progress and your blogs are kept and listed on your profile so it's easy to go back and look at your previous achievements :-)
Photo credits: Dunca Daniel.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror