Fellow DT'ers... I'm celebrating my 1000th sale. By many standards, my progress has been slow... a bit over 3 years.
But - for all of you that are just getting start, I share this advice: keep taking great pictures. Persistence is a great method for refining your skills.
Here's the photo that made the 1000th sale.... its a photo that I was never sure would even be approved and almost didn't submit. Wouldn't that have been a pity. To date it has racked up 44 sales.
Let that be a lesson too... I know the pressure to preserve one's approval rate - but don't be afraid to take a chance on a photo. It might just become your best-seller.
Photo credits: David Watts Jr..
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget