Fellow DT'ers... I'm celebrating my 1000th sale. By many standards, my progress has been slow... a bit over 3 years.
But - for all of you that are just getting start, I share this advice: keep taking great pictures. Persistence is a great method for refining your skills.
Here's the photo that made the 1000th sale.... its a photo that I was never sure would even be approved and almost didn't submit. Wouldn't that have been a pity. To date it has racked up 44 sales.
Let that be a lesson too... I know the pressure to preserve one's approval rate - but don't be afraid to take a chance on a photo. It might just become your best-seller.
Photo credits: David Watts Jr..
- When "Happily" isn't "Forever After"
- Food Photography: A Recipe For Success! (Part 2)
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- How to succeed in street photography as a hobbyist photographer
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles