100th image online
It took me 8-9 months to get 100 images online. As many other beginners, at the onset I thought it would be an easy hobby with some financial inflow. It isn't :-).
I am very grateful to DT for keeping up the competition spirit in me. I have set (a very vague) target and will stick to it. So far, I know being around DT helped me:
1. Learn basic composition rules and start understanding what makes a successful image (not that I'm able to create them at this stage :-)
2. I have improved my Photoshop skills a great deal -
layers, masks, creating shadows, advantages of RAW format, a bit of retouching (recently managed to 'transplant' my friend's head to a naked woman body).
3. Stock photography takes efforts, time and energy.
Well, it has been a very fruitful process. I've just started and will keep going - it's a loooooong way :-).
Again, I'd like to thank DT community and administrators - you're a great photography school for people like me.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images