100th image online
It took me 8-9 months to get 100 images online. As many other beginners, at the onset I thought it would be an easy hobby with some financial inflow. It isn't :-).
I am very grateful to DT for keeping up the competition spirit in me. I have set (a very vague) target and will stick to it. So far, I know being around DT helped me:
1. Learn basic composition rules and start understanding what makes a successful image (not that I'm able to create them at this stage :-)
2. I have improved my Photoshop skills a great deal -
layers, masks, creating shadows, advantages of RAW format, a bit of retouching (recently managed to 'transplant' my friend's head to a naked woman body).
3. Stock photography takes efforts, time and energy.
Well, it has been a very fruitful process. I've just started and will keep going - it's a loooooong way :-).
Again, I'd like to thank DT community and administrators - you're a great photography school for people like me.
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!
- German Local Travel: The Black Forest's Beautiful Secret (Triberg Waterfalls, Germany)
- Where can I find free photos from Dreamstime?
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 18 - Eurasian Crimson-winged Finch
- Ten Stock Photography Tips for Success