135 years - Dreamstime
When I turned my computer on this morning, the first thing I went to see was what had happened to my image that was under review the day before. Like normal, it'd got rejected. I was about to click on my profile to check the ever-falling approval rate, when I figured something was different in the top-right corner of the web page.
The Earnings balance had changed. A bulb lit somewhere inside the head that I might have actually made a sale, the first one ever. I quickly ran through my images to see a yellow twirl on one of them as against the dull brown ones. It was a picture from an old point and shoot which I had referenced in the last blog post. A subscription download.
I was absolutely delighted. Sent texts and messages, updated social network statuses and told people what had happened. It had been almost 6 months since I'd registered at DT.
After the initial rush, I sat down to make a small calculation and came up with this:
At this rate, given the number of days I've been on DT and given the number of sales I have till now, in just under 135 years, I'll receive my first $100. Bring it on!
Photo credits: R S Vivek.
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images