I was reviewing my stats for November and realized my first sale last month was my 200th sale on Dreamstime.
A few nautical images among last month's sales (lately my best-selling category) including these:
but seasonal photos were the biggest sellers - such as these representing autumn:
and New Year's Eve:
What struck me as funny was that this New Year's Eve photo has had 365 views - exactly one for every day of the past year :)
Many were first time sales, including this one at #200, which I've had online here for over a year - for me old photos sell as often as brand new ones. And it's nice to know that while I got my winter photos up very late last year, they were early for this year and sales are picking up.
It was also nice to see the range of photos selling last month (I had new editorial sales and some others besides those pictured here). December sales are split between nautical and winter/Christmas so far.
It would be interesting to know what's selling best for other folks - so please leave a comment about that.
My next goal is 200 photos online and 300 sales. I wonder which will come first?
Photo credits: Marianne Campolongo.
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day