2000 Games - Lessons
Hi everybody, I just finished playing 2000 games, 2nd ranking at the moment, but the issue is not about a competition but what we learn from DT's mini school!
I'm an illustrator not a photographer (Unfortunately!) but I also had lessons that I would like to share with all of you and specially with the new guys here...
- Whether it's a photo or an illustration the subject is very important.
- Business oriented photos are the most selling (Big news huh but still important!);
- Health and emotions are subjects not to forget at all;
- Favorite sports, arts, abstracts and natural views that are well taken are demanded as well.
- Being a nice photo is not enough, you have to see if the photo is well focused, centered isolated and with a good light effect;
- Silhouette illustrations are very demanded, no wonder designers use them much as layers and easy to edit;
- Face expressions counts much on a photo's success!
You would notice that relaxed people with an object in the hand are not like people who show a strong emotion;
- Eyes direction and face expressions are important with all the models of the photos, one distracted person in a photo might leave it apart!
- When the photo is considered a great shot but not centered like another one that is centered you would notice that it has less downloads!
- Titles are another help to know which photo has downloads!
(I confess I didn't look much to titles but at least Achilles had mentioned it...)
Finally I advise everybody to play more and more because you will discover great photos that are online but you never saw them before and wide your knowledge about micro-stock business.
There is a less positive part of the game... ADDICTIVE!
Have a nice game ;)
Photo credits: Maen Zayyad.
- Photoshop: Exploring Colour Popping
- Tips for Shooting a Winter Wonderland
- 6 Unique Christmas Gift Ideas for the Photographer in Your Life
- Tips for Taking Great Pictures in the Snow
- Cameras that Fly!
- Tip of the week: Better Photo Editing Apps
- Home for the Holidays
- Longgang National Geopark, Yunyang, Chongqing, China