2011 in a nutshell - my blatant self promotion and thanks to all
Well we are nearing the end of 2011, "it's not over yet" I hear you cry but for me the end of December is real busy so I thought I would write this very self promoting blog now.
As I write this I have just had my 900th image accepted by DT ( and my 901st )
That's 537 accepted images this year resulting in 1225 sales so far in 2011 with an RPD of just under $2.
For me though this year has not been about the sales but more about working on the technical side of things. I'm lucky that I have a full time job so stock photography is something I can put time into when it's spare but I think it's a great place and community to learn and grow as a photographer. Due to DT having very high standards ( most the time ) in what is accepted I think that it can really help you become a much better photographer all round. When I started out in 2009 and crashed and burned because my only real experience in photography was on Facebook with friends and family telling me I was great. Well DT soon taught me otherwise and I felt like a real
After a year off I got more to grips with it and 2011 has resulted in the above but for me more importantly an image being purchased from Dreamstime and used in a National Geographic news article in November 2011
I hope everyone has a great December, Christmas for those who celebrate this and a very happy new year.
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)
- How to take better pictures of a butterfly?
- A New Sport for Many People