21,000+ sales after 4 years at DT
Wow, where does the time go? It was May 5, 2009 when I joined Dreamstime. It was October of 2010 when I last updated my sales. At that time, I had 4653 images with 8500 sales, which I think was pretty good for the first 18 months here at DT.
Fast-forward 2 1/2 more years and here we are. I now have 6270 images online with 21712 sales.
I've only added 1617 new images these past 30 months, so it's obvious that I have not been drawing as much as I used to. My other client work has taken me away from my mass-drawing abilities, but I do try to keep adding new images as often as I can. I'm sure the majority of you can relate how tough it is to keep adding to your portfolios while tending to other real-life things.
But, I do encourage everyone to try to add what they can - when they can. It all adds up over time, so just keep adding new images and your profits will also continue to increase.
I'm always inspired by different things. This recently-added image was related to my thoughts of the improving housing market where people are buying again.
Thanks to Dreamstime and to you, the DT community! Dreamstime continues to be a successful place to be at. The community is always nice, and the sales continue to be strong. So, thanks to everyone for their continued support, comments, etc.
Photo credits: John Takai.
- Tip of the week: Organise your desk like a pro
- 5 Useful Tips For the Post-Edit
- Tip of the week: Use shapes to create beautiful illustrations
- Stock photography makes you happy?
- Iceland - A Photographic Destination
- Dog Rescue Photography: Maggie Mae
- The Wild Untamed Squirrel
- Tip of the week: Isolating your subject matter and adding a new background