I just recently added the 3,000th photo to my portfolio. I can honestly say I thought this day would never come.
I signed up with Dreamstime back in late 2006 and it was the first stock site I signed up with after buying my first DSLR, knowing virtually nothing about photography.
I submitted around ten photos on a whim thinking I would give it a shot and if I was lucky maybe I could make enough to pay off my camera.
Out of that first group I think maybe two got accepted, but luckily I didnt let that discourage me. I continued to submit photos and was pleasantly surprised to see those first few sales.
Hey, If I can do it anyone can.
Photo credits: Travis Manley.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget