I just recently added the 3,000th photo to my portfolio. I can honestly say I thought this day would never come.
I signed up with Dreamstime back in late 2006 and it was the first stock site I signed up with after buying my first DSLR, knowing virtually nothing about photography.
I submitted around ten photos on a whim thinking I would give it a shot and if I was lucky maybe I could make enough to pay off my camera.
Out of that first group I think maybe two got accepted, but luckily I didnt let that discourage me. I continued to submit photos and was pleasantly surprised to see those first few sales.
Hey, If I can do it anyone can.
Photo credits: Travis Manley.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs