300th photo online
Another milestone for me today with my 300th image approved on Dreamstime. I am with the agency since the end of august 2007 but only had a small portfolio until may 2008. Of the 306 photos I have online at the moment, more than 250 were uploaded since may.
I am trying to upload at least 50 photos a month. I know I should upload more but time is missing for that. I still have a folder with about 500 potential photos to evaluate, process or discard and keyword.
I also started to divide my potential photos in "submitting seasons". I divided the folder in 4 subfolders to class them in the best submission period which I think is between 3 to 6 months prior to the season or event. What I mean by that is submitting the beach photos in january to april, submit the kids gathering apples in the spring and beginning of summer, etc. I don't know yet if it is a good system or not but it seems logical since advertisers don't usually prepare halloween campaings in october (I know, I'm a bit late for halloween this year).
Many thanks to Dreamstime and the other contributors here that are of great help.
Photo credits: Eric Cote.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images