300th photo online
Another milestone for me today with my 300th image approved on Dreamstime. I am with the agency since the end of august 2007 but only had a small portfolio until may 2008. Of the 306 photos I have online at the moment, more than 250 were uploaded since may.
I am trying to upload at least 50 photos a month. I know I should upload more but time is missing for that. I still have a folder with about 500 potential photos to evaluate, process or discard and keyword.
I also started to divide my potential photos in "submitting seasons". I divided the folder in 4 subfolders to class them in the best submission period which I think is between 3 to 6 months prior to the season or event. What I mean by that is submitting the beach photos in january to april, submit the kids gathering apples in the spring and beginning of summer, etc. I don't know yet if it is a good system or not but it seems logical since advertisers don't usually prepare halloween campaings in october (I know, I'm a bit late for halloween this year).
Many thanks to Dreamstime and the other contributors here that are of great help.
Photo credits: Eric Cote.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget