4 Months on Dreamstime: Quantity or Quality
I began my stock photography career here on Dreamstime four months ago from today's date, and over this short period of time I have had 164 pictures accepted and 30 sales, which is descent in my opinion.
However, I have come across a large difference in opinion in whether or not the key to success, in terms of earnings, is having a large portfolio with many pictures available for sale, or by having a small, compact portfolio with only a few, high quality pictures. I seems to me that both ways could be profitable, with neither really having an edge or advantage as both take hard work and determination in order to produce results.
Finally, I would like to thank my dear friend and aspiring model Ms. Heather Martin for all of her hard work and willingness to aid in my stock photography career. I wish her all of the best in her future endeavors and hopefully my photographs have helped her on her way to stardom.
That's all for now my friends, I will have another blog post next month on the 20th. Goodluck and keep on shooting!!!
Photo credits: Matthew Clausen.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget