5 Reasons for Visiting Saas Fee, Switzerland
I love making lists and I hope you enjoy reading them.
Saas Fee - The Pearl of the Alps - is located in the Valais region. 1800 metres above sea level and surrounded by 13 four thousand meter peaks around the village.
While it takes more effort to come here, by bus from Visp, the view along the way is simply worth your time.
The 5 reasons for staying in Saas Fee for your winter holiday in Switzerland :
1. The mountain tops are so close it feels like you can almost touch them.
2. Saas Fee is car free. Leave your cars at the car park. The only source of transportation within the village are the golf-like car and train run by electricity.
3. There is lesser crowd here compared to Zermatt. More space for you to run around. You can always go to Zermatt on a day trip. Yes , Zermatt and Saas Fee are both located in the Valais region and makes for a great day trip from one location to another.
4. Beautiful chalet architechture. Looking so cosy and inviting.
5. Spectacular winter landscape. With 22 lifts and 100km of prepared pistes, it is fun time for skiiers and snowboarders. There is also the 11 km long toboggan - fun for the whole family.
Come to Saas Fee, Switzerland, a wonderful winter resort for the whole family. Happy journey!
Photo credits: Haslinda.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget