50 approved -- some thoughts
Two months, after starting in microstock and at Dreamstime, I got 50 approved images online. Overall, I think this is a quite good rate, but I am not that satisfied as I'd like to be. Just an approval rate of ~43%.
Hm. Okay, I've mixed new, specific images for microstock with some old images, which I found worth of trying to sell them. Most of them have been declined -- in retrospective, mostly reasonable. :-)
So, what is my conclusion after 50 approvals and (only) 3 sales? I need to get better. Better images, better coverage of customer's needs, better quality -- just overall better.
Nevertheless, I am bit proud of having 50 approved images online. ;-)
PS: The image on the right is my 50th approved image.
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?