500 images on DT, check!
Today I past 500 images online on DT. That's my primary goal for the first year, now I made it in eight months. I know, DT editors are not happy about flags but this one made me happy. As Swedish I will celebrate our National day next week on June the 6th. Check!
My images are mostly very niche. So my strategy from the beginning is to fill the gaps. No point in shooting handshaking businessmen, pizzas or beautiful sexy women, there's litterally tons of such images out there... Check!
In the beginning I had a lot of refusals. Most of them because of noise. Not anymore! Some of the most recent approvals above are taken with my old D300. This camera made me very disapointed earlier. But since I upgraded to CS6 last year rejections decreased dramaticly every month. Latest Camera Raw is really amazing. Check!
One interresting thing is that I have had no refusals so far on my scanned images. I have thousands upon thousands of 6x6. But, scanning and retoushing is very time-consuming. Also - these days a high-end consumer DSLR delivers the same resolution - with a sharp lens... Check!
Still thinking on going exclusive but then I must leave the conventional agencies... One thing that perhaps will help exposure is collections. So far I have launched seven of them. Check! :
My very first assignment - hobbies - went good with two approvals. Check!
Finally, todays sale made me happy. 11 credits for the two fullriggers. Thank you imagebyer :-) Check and Cheers!
Photo credits: Per Björkdahl.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips