50mm - a magic lens! - Dreamstime
You can do thousands of experiments with this much lighter weapon!
The focal length is almost close to the perception of human eye. It covers the whole zone as your eye can see at once. Makes the picture more real. I never forget this tiny wonder when I go for street photography. Just apt for people and portrait. When I was a beginner my seniors advised me to start with 50mm. Since there is no way to zoom in/out it develops a good sense of framing and composition.
Finally, being a prime lens it offers more sharpness than your kit lens or zoom lens. There are many more ways to do this and that with the 50mm prime. I am yet to explore more of its charismatic usage. Show me some samples of your experiments too :)
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images