6 Months, 642 images, 286 downloads and 1 blog later
It has been 6 months since my first images were accepted and being exclusive on Dreamstime. I am not much of a writer so I am just going to put bits and pieces of my thoughts in point form.
Microstock agencies like Dreamstime can really help new / fresh photographer improve their skills. I know it has helped me.
- It has thought me a LOT on the technical aspects (understanding why an image gets rejected). To look and understand RGB histograms, use tools like Capture NX to solve those issue etc.
- It has thought me a LOT on composition than just blindly clicking on the shutter on anything and everything.
Diversify and Shoot upload shoot upload shoot upload those words that haunt you in DT forums its true. I swear by it.
- It forces you to experiment new things. You gain new knowledge and skills. It has thought me a lot about subject isolation and off camera flash.
- It also increases your chances for a sale and thats a bonus. Last month I achieved $100 is sales hopefully I would be able to maintain $100 a month sales and even more with the support of this great community.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget