60's Psychedelic Designs Revived?
As a web designer, I couldn't help but notice a trend happening in the design world: the comeback of 60-70s' psychedelic art. It's not so much of taking the old artistic designs (think: Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, etc) and bringing them back in but rather more of making RetroModernism (my term for the trend).
The interesting thing is with RetroModernism is that in most cases, the older artworks would be enhanced, making it seem more polished and cleaner than a hand-drawn one then the modern touch comes in--graffiti, grunge and shapes. The advantage of this trend is the fact that designers are given free rein with layers, thus effectively enabling the designer to experiment with different outcomes on the same canvas, rather than making new art works.
The Obama's Hope picture seems to be the epitome of this movement.
I think it would be fun for Dreamstime to get ahead of the game with this trend and put up more images of people in that .
What thinks you?
Photo credits: Astakr.
Nature and Wildlife Photography
- How to Pick a Camera Tripod
- How to Find Photography Backdrops
- Do you need Lightroom or Photoshop? Here's how you know
- These are a few of My Favorite Things: Eyes!
- A few inches can make all the difference!
- Dog Adoption Photography: Geronimo
- Wildlife is Everywhere
- Tip pf the week: A zoom lens or stick to primes?