Well, I was going to wait until 10,000 to do a blog, but it takes a while to get 10,000 sales :) Here is my sale #8,000 from today:
It has been an interesting 2 and a half years here on Dreamstime. It is obviously my favorite site - I'm an exclusive contributor here. People always seem interested in how long things take so here are some of my milestones - obviously they are a function of how much you upload, your content, quality and keywording skills:
May 2008 - First 28 uploads online. 1 sale.
August 2008 - First payout.
November 2008 - 500 online, 436 sales.
February 2009 - Hit 1 download per image online.
November 2009 - Won monthly assignment.
January 2010 - First non-assignment Level 5 image. And it sold another 66 times since then!
February 2010 - 1,000 unique sales (images sold at least once)
May 2010 - 5,000 sales!
October 2010 - hit my monthly income goal from Microstock.
November 2010 - 8,000 sales, and apparently my first illustration :)
I'll finish this up with my favorite image that was downloaded yesterday and hit Level 4:
What is next? 10000 sales, DPI of 5, more upload, more fun :) Good luck all. My advice to anyone starting out is to upload consistently, try to constantly improve, learn the business and what sells FOR YOU. Thanks Dreamstime for getting me to this point!
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images