A Quickie Shoot with a Household Name
Anyway, if you're from the Philippines, I'm sure you're familiar with the brand name Mama Sita. Am truly thankful that I got the rare chance to photograph the son of the woman who started this business which eventually became a household name among almost every filipino kitchen.
A busy person that he is, I knew that I had to keep the shoot as quick as possible. Having this in mind, I decided to shoot with just a single light source to minimize set up time. I shot him in several spots of their office compound but this one is my favorite (this one didn't make it to print though since my art director chose a tighter layout).
As mentioned, this was lit with a single strobe positioned at high camera right. I didn't use any light modifier for this one except for a sock on its standard reflector. I wanted a small light source to contain light just enough. The available light was underexposed 1 1/2 stop to give emphasis on the spot where I lit for our subject.
You can view the blog here
Hope this helps. Happy shooting!
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service
Related image searches
Lighting related image searches
Photo credits: Junpinzon.