A touch of Inspiration...
January 27, 2011
Just like many of you, after a hard hit of rejections I get a bit discouraged. And I always feel comfort in reading other inspiring blogs. So if I may share a touch of inspiration that helps me get back on the horse.
I have to remember, that taking photographs can be richly rewarding (not just monetary). Whether it captures my memorable moment or experiments with abstract concepts, a photograph allows me to express my personal vision of the world. And no matter the subject, technique, or composition, implicit in its visual impact is an emotional truth. I view the process of taking a photograph as interactive, a source of challenge, discovery, and, in a way, revelation.
"The final result maintains this momentum: The photograph communicates something about the photographer's perception and elicits a response - unexpected or deliberate - from the viewer. This sense of dialogue is in itself an inspiration. We derive great pleasure in photographs that cause us to pause and ponder or rush headlong into the experiential moment."
Take it in, and thrive. Shown by so many examples on the blog site, rejections only help you learn. I just keep reviewing a wide range of photographs and by taking pictures frequently, reassessing my expectations with my results. Thank you DT.
"Try not to become a man of success but a man of value."
- Poll NOT successful- What's your Zodiac Sign?
- Keywording with an "S"
- Heartache Drives Artistic Inspiration
- Poll- What's your Zodiac Sign?
- Interesting trend, really. More account activity, more sales!
- Controversial: To Resubmit or Not After a Rejection?
- Java Photo Upload problems? Solution here!
- How to get inspired with a broken heart
- For Those Who Love Reading Others Stats!
- Dreaded "No Sale" Weekends Finally Broken
Related image searches
Photography related image searches
This article has been read 1144 times. Photo credits: MorganOliver.