Action writing in PS, Easier post-processing
In the spirit of DT, I would like to make myself available, for any help that I can, about doubts with Actions in PS.
Definition of an Action in Photoshop:
The ability to record a series of steps or processes that are used repeatedly.
These actions are kept available for reuse in the Actions palette.
A very simple example:
My folders are: Work in Process / Finals / Uploads
In my workflow, I am post-processing an image from Work in Process. I think it is ready. So I have an action that saves the TIF to the Finals folder and a JPG to the Uploads folder. I have that action resident on a functions key, say F1.
All in 1 keystroke.
It may seem overkill, but if you have to do this umpteen times before uploading, it saves at least 5 or 6 keystrokes. or worse, Menu locations, 2 browser locations for the folders, plus the JPG saving routine.
So, if anybody has some doubts about Actions, I would gladly help.
Photo credits: Billdayone.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Make Money Selling Online Stock Photography With Cheap Camera Equipment
- Getting older!
- Stock Photography - Here is How to Create Images that Sell
- Some of my gear throughout my stock experience
- Camera Equipment for Christmas?
- Izmir (Traveling Turkey Series - 2)
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past