Adventure in Colombia, South America
Just back from an adventure throughout Colombia, South America. Find new pix in my portfolio of hard to find images of Colombia including Bogota, Cartagena and San Andres Island in the Caribbean. Only a handful of San Andres Island pix were available here before my new portfolio offerings.
Btw, Colombia, as all my adventures, was fascinating: Bogota's Candelaria district has quickly changed from a drug and prostitute infested neighborhood to a tourist friendly mecca with all the important buildings of government and historic churches mixing with the classic architecture of cobbled, narrow streets.
Cartagena is one of my beloved UNESCO world heritage sites (always include at least one UNESCO on my adventure trips) and other than getting robbed of a nice 1.8 prime lens by backpack thief, the sites, history and the walled inner city were wonderful. As usual, I made local friends in Bolivar park and that is one of the most memorable parts of this trip and all my trips.
San Andres island was mobbed with Colombians and Argentinians and one gringo (rj lerich). Evidently San Andres is the Miami Beach for well to do South Americans. The new beachfront, palm lined promenade was a wonderful place to relax with a beer and mingle with South Americans, families with kids in tow romping on the beach. Great spot that will be getting much more press in the near future, of that I can guarantee.
Photo credits: Robert Lerich.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips