Adventure in Colombia, South America
Just back from an adventure throughout Colombia, South America. Find new pix in my portfolio of hard to find images of Colombia including Bogota, Cartagena and San Andres Island in the Caribbean. Only a handful of San Andres Island pix were available here before my new portfolio offerings.
Btw, Colombia, as all my adventures, was fascinating: Bogota's Candelaria district has quickly changed from a drug and prostitute infested neighborhood to a tourist friendly mecca with all the important buildings of government and historic churches mixing with the classic architecture of cobbled, narrow streets.
Cartagena is one of my beloved UNESCO world heritage sites (always include at least one UNESCO on my adventure trips) and other than getting robbed of a nice 1.8 prime lens by backpack thief, the sites, history and the walled inner city were wonderful. As usual, I made local friends in Bolivar park and that is one of the most memorable parts of this trip and all my trips.
San Andres island was mobbed with Colombians and Argentinians and one gringo (rj lerich). Evidently San Andres is the Miami Beach for well to do South Americans. The new beachfront, palm lined promenade was a wonderful place to relax with a beer and mingle with South Americans, families with kids in tow romping on the beach. Great spot that will be getting much more press in the near future, of that I can guarantee.
Photo credits: Robert Lerich.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images