All about Assignments
Participating in the (more or less) monthly assignments on DT is great fun, and challenges you to go beyond your regular photography. It is rewarding in several ways:
- your accepted images are escalated to level 5 at once, wich will not only increase the price, but also results in a better search placement. It will receive 100 artificial downloads at once, although unfortunatly, you do not receive any money for those 100 downloads ;)
- participating will result in extra exposure for your picture and with that extra exposure for your entire portfolio;
With each assignment, the same questions return on the boards. So hopefully here are some useful answers:
- You can only enter once you have 50 files online;
- Yes, you need regular model releases as with all RF pictures on DT;
- Yes, illustrators can participate, just as photographers can;
- Your images have to remain exclusive with DT for a year;
- Yes, you can upload a file already online: first upload the file for the assignment, and IF it is accepted, disable the old file. Due to the higher standards for the assignments, acceptance is not a certainty.
- If you choose the 'sell the rights' option, you will sell your picture to DT. You will never be able to receive any earnings from it. Also, DT can decide not to buy your picture, and ask you to re-upload it, choosing the 'escalate to level 5'option.
- Yes, your file will be reviewed, although occasionally even after the assignments' closing date. ETR does not play a role here, because the assignment files enter another pending list. Anything from 5 minutes to 10 days is entirely normal. If your file states 'assignment file' in your pending list, all went well, just be patient. If it does not have that tag in your pending list, something went wrong, and you need to re-upload it in the assignment.
- About the voting: 1 point is worst, 5 points is best ;) Voting will usually continue for about a week after the assignment is closed. This week you will spend praying for a good result;)
I hope this blog will be of some use. Please feel free to add anything I have forgotten!
Hope to see your entries in the coming assignments!
How to shoot events