Alligator Farms-perfect place for photography
In Florida (USA), we have the perfect climate for Alligators, those scaly reptiles with big powerful jaws and long tails-a reptile that has been alive and prospering since the dinosaur age. In a couple cities in Florida, we have Alligator Farms for tourist to visit and see many different alligators.
Many folks, upon their first visit to an alligator farm are amazed not only with the alligators but also the diversity of birds. Wading birds frequently have rookeries near alligators, the alligators protect the birds and their young from predators (racoons and such)
Breeding season for wading birds (in Florida) starts roughly in late November and continues through May. Different wading birds have their peak breeding times at different dates.
The advantage to the tourist alligator farms is the birds are close. During the peak breeding season, some of the birds are so close you can get face shots with a 200mm lens or less. Flights shots are also possible with 200mm lenses as the birds make frequent trips for nest building.
Photo credits: Moose Henderson.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images