We are `only` amateurs!
Guess what, they're not different. I was reading an interview with a NG veteran researcher (not a photographer). He was asked if he consider himself a pro, after all these years. His answer, rather not, as he stills put passion in it, while a professional would do it only for money. I realized that what defines the amateur is not being the novice, but being a passionate about it. Does it mean that pros are not passionate? No, but then they are definitely amateurs, in a good way. They put passion in their work and believe in it.
The people complaining in the last days about the wrong-calculated ETR made me realize this. We all put a lot of passion within, we're all amateurs, no matter if we're newcomers or veterans. It's more addictive than chocolate.
Photo credits: Erik Reis.
Nature and Wildlife Photography
- Rules Were Made to be Broken
- A Personal Take on Nature Photography
- Kefalonia - Greek Paradise for vacation and photography
- Where can I get high quality photos for free?
- Geology makes landscapes look the way they do
- Tip of the week: Use a compact rugged camera to get a different view
- 10 tips for The Casual Nature Photographer
- Donate your skills!