The flag makes a nice picture with all the colors against a blue background, but I can't look at it without thinking how the symbol of the flag has changed meaning for me through the years.
When I was in highschool I was Mr. Patriotic, then I joined the service and went to war. I have seen it flying high above the ships I was with. I saw it draped over coffins as the bodies were sent home. It was handed to me in a pretty box at my fathers funeral.
Now my son has joined the service and is a pilot. It's on his sleeve of his arm and is very pretty.
I love my country and always will, but as I get older when I look at the flag I can't help but have a great deal of sadness along with the respect. A lot of men and women have lost there lives over that symbol. War sucks no matter what country you're from, and sometimes a flag is more than a pretty picture.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)
- How to take better pictures of a butterfly?
- A New Sport for Many People