The flag makes a nice picture with all the colors against a blue background, but I can't look at it without thinking how the symbol of the flag has changed meaning for me through the years.
When I was in highschool I was Mr. Patriotic, then I joined the service and went to war. I have seen it flying high above the ships I was with. I saw it draped over coffins as the bodies were sent home. It was handed to me in a pretty box at my fathers funeral.
Now my son has joined the service and is a pilot. It's on his sleeve of his arm and is very pretty.
I love my country and always will, but as I get older when I look at the flag I can't help but have a great deal of sadness along with the respect. A lot of men and women have lost there lives over that symbol. War sucks no matter what country you're from, and sometimes a flag is more than a pretty picture.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars