The flag makes a nice picture with all the colors against a blue background, but I can't look at it without thinking how the symbol of the flag has changed meaning for me through the years.
When I was in highschool I was Mr. Patriotic, then I joined the service and went to war. I have seen it flying high above the ships I was with. I saw it draped over coffins as the bodies were sent home. It was handed to me in a pretty box at my fathers funeral.
Now my son has joined the service and is a pilot. It's on his sleeve of his arm and is very pretty.
I love my country and always will, but as I get older when I look at the flag I can't help but have a great deal of sadness along with the respect. A lot of men and women have lost there lives over that symbol. War sucks no matter what country you're from, and sometimes a flag is more than a pretty picture.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Colors in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!