Analysis of two months on Dreamtime
I celebrate my two month anniversary of having images accepted on Dreamtime this Thursday. I joined DT Feb. 18, 2010 and my first series of images were accepted Feb 23, 2010.
I am writing this blog not for praise (although that is always nice) but to show what can be accomplished in two months and to illustrate the images that have sold.
As of today, I have 493 images accepted by DT, my acceptance rate is 85% and I have an additional 28 images pending. To date, I have sold 72 images at an average revenue of $0.73.
My portfolio is made up of mostly wildlife images; some pet images and a few general images. I thought it would be interesting to look at what has sold.
I have approximately twenty images of pets. Seven of these images have sold at least one time. This image called "artist pug" has sold three times
I have approimiately five images of common items, one has sold one time
The balance of my images are about equally split between bird photos and animal photos. Two of these images were selected as editor's choice and each as sold one time.
I have approximately 20 images of eagles; this has also been my best selling catagory. Of these 20 eagle images, six have sold at least one time; I have sold a total of 13 eagle images.
I have won a number of contests in my career. This image has won a couple times.
I thank all the editors and staff of DT for their assistance; I thank the community for being the best microstock group. Especially, thanks to all buyers that have found my worthy of purchase!
Photo credits: Moose Henderson.
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?