Ancient city and architecture of Mandav (Dhar District) India - Dreamstime
Mandav/Mandu is situated in Dhar District of Indian state Madhya Pradesh. Its history dates back from 5th Century AD with reference of Budi (Old) Mandav, a village situated about 10 Kilometres away from present day Mandav. In 13th Century Khilji, the Afgans established Malwa Sultanate as gave Mandu a status of Capital of Malwa. During this time it is also known as "Shadiabad" (the City of Joy). They use this word as the Mint Epithet on their coins also as "Dar Ul Mulk Shadiabad".
During their reign they built many Mosques, Gates, Palaces, Madarsas (Schools) and mausoleums both inside and outside the Mandav Fort (Mandav Garh). Prominent of them are Hoshang Shah's Tomb, Jami Masjid, Jahaz Mahal(Ship Palace), Dilawar Khan's Tomb, Darya Khan's Mausoleum, Baz Bahadur Palace, Royal Complex etc.
Photo credits: Shariqkhan.
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography