Another way to increase the size of your portfolio ?
I was needing a short holiday and googled events in Yorkshire finding that on 4th of August there was the Thornton Le Dale Show and on the 7th of August the Pickering Traction Engine Rally. Pickering is also the home of the North York Moors Steam Railway which runs daily to Grosmont and sometimes to Whitby on the Coast. Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby, Scarborough and Staithes are destinations of photographic interest so I booked 5 days at the Scarborough Travel Lodge at relatively modest cost as a centre to visit all these places camera and tripod [ if necessary ] at the ready. On the way to Scarborough there was a Rally of Classic Cars at Ripley Castle.
Here ere are two images of Robin Hood's Bay.
This old smugglers port is delightful and offers great seafood at modest cost in the pub beside the beach.
Here are a few images from the Thornton Le Dale show.
The show included country and Western and Jazz Bands. There was also a Medieval reenactment.
At the Pickering Rally there was a great chance to get interesting images of engines and participants.
Another two images show Whitby Abbey in good light and Scarborough at night.
At Whitby there was a lifeboat rescue
Grosmont is a wonderful place for those interested in steam railways and in finding the station just as it was in the 1950's but well maintained and full of railway enthusiasts.
At Ripley Castle there were lots of superbly maintained vintage cars; a few examples are shown.
Finally on the way back to Scotland one passes Skipton Castle and the narrow boats which ply the Leeds and Liverpool Canal carrying tourists and holiday makers.
So while away I was building up images ready for Dreamstime.
Photo credits: David Watmough.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays