When is arty arty of when is it farty
So I'm all for creative blur, flair and weirdness, but only if it serves a purpose and it is executed willingly or serendipitously. What irkes me to no end is someone who doesn't have the skill to shoot a "boring" shot, but claims that their "breaking the rules" is artistic expression.
My image above was consciously blurred and treated quite harshly. I'm very chuffed the Dreamstime saw the intention, and understood it not to be simply a checks like art image.
But, that is where the catch comes in - when doing creative breaking the rules stuff, there's always the chance that people will just perceive it for a bad photograph.
Photo credits: Danie Nel.
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!