When is arty arty of when is it farty
So I'm all for creative blur, flair and weirdness, but only if it serves a purpose and it is executed willingly or serendipitously. What irkes me to no end is someone who doesn't have the skill to shoot a "boring" shot, but claims that their "breaking the rules" is artistic expression.
My image above was consciously blurred and treated quite harshly. I'm very chuffed the Dreamstime saw the intention, and understood it not to be simply a checks like art image.
But, that is where the catch comes in - when doing creative breaking the rules stuff, there's always the chance that people will just perceive it for a bad photograph.
Photo credits: Danie Nel.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images
- Advise for new photographers - displaying and designing billboards
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa