I can see that it isn't an obvious choice if you aren't exclusive, but I'm very glad I've participated in assignments. My shots are exclusive anyways, and they do much better than my average photo. I made a quick lightbox of my assignment photos, which allows me to see the total revenue. My assignments have brought in almost 10% of my total revenue to date, and represent less than 1% of my portfolio. My most recent entries this month already have a download:
With the new pricing structure, even a subscription download of assignment files nets you 3 sub credits. So I recommend considering submitting for assignments for the extra exposure.
How have you done with your assignment entries?
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images