I can see that it isn't an obvious choice if you aren't exclusive, but I'm very glad I've participated in assignments. My shots are exclusive anyways, and they do much better than my average photo. I made a quick lightbox of my assignment photos, which allows me to see the total revenue. My assignments have brought in almost 10% of my total revenue to date, and represent less than 1% of my portfolio. My most recent entries this month already have a download:
With the new pricing structure, even a subscription download of assignment files nets you 3 sub credits. So I recommend considering submitting for assignments for the extra exposure.
How have you done with your assignment entries?
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
All about color
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars