I can see that it isn't an obvious choice if you aren't exclusive, but I'm very glad I've participated in assignments. My shots are exclusive anyways, and they do much better than my average photo. I made a quick lightbox of my assignment photos, which allows me to see the total revenue. My assignments have brought in almost 10% of my total revenue to date, and represent less than 1% of my portfolio. My most recent entries this month already have a download:
With the new pricing structure, even a subscription download of assignment files nets you 3 sub credits. So I recommend considering submitting for assignments for the extra exposure.
How have you done with your assignment entries?
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- How to shoot good pictures with a cheap camera
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Colors in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01: Clear Subject
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities