I can see that it isn't an obvious choice if you aren't exclusive, but I'm very glad I've participated in assignments. My shots are exclusive anyways, and they do much better than my average photo. I made a quick lightbox of my assignment photos, which allows me to see the total revenue. My assignments have brought in almost 10% of my total revenue to date, and represent less than 1% of my portfolio. My most recent entries this month already have a download:
With the new pricing structure, even a subscription download of assignment files nets you 3 sub credits. So I recommend considering submitting for assignments for the extra exposure.
How have you done with your assignment entries?
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- It's a Beautiful Day
- How Do You Add Emotion to an Inanimate Object?
- Tension, fear, admiration, pride, all in one photo
- How to create emotions in photography?
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready