The attraction of the landmarks - st. Alexander Nevski cathedral
But to foreign travellers, all kinds of tourists and foreign advertising agencies they obtain some magical attraction. Such place in Sofia, Bulgaria is the st. Alexander Nevski cathedral. It is the largest eastern orthodox temple in the Balkans and one of the largest in the whole world.
It was built after the Russo-Turkish War in honor to the Russian soldiers who died in the war and to celebrate the liberation of Bulgarian people and establishment of the Third Bulgarian state, the Bulgarian Kingdom.
Now st. Nedelya is restored and operates as a church, but the role of cathedral patriarch church for many years now has been carried out by the st. Alexander Nevsky cathedral. One of Sofia most famous landmarks.
Photo credits: Yasen Pramatarov.
- Just For the Love of Nature
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco